Search Does not give results and throws the following error message under crawl logs
Error: The Search request was unable to connect to search service



I Checked the event viewer and could not find    errors.
Done index reset and restarted crawl , all the time I see crawl is done successfully but search does not give any results. As per one of the blogs suggestion I added SPS3 infront of the content source apart from http://2013 ,I also added SPS3://2013 ,done index reset and crawl with no success.


Finally I Figured the silly mistake that under Service connections of that specific web application I did not have search Service Application checked.
Without anymore index resets , I just did a full crawland it worked like a charm .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migrate Secure Store Service Application from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016

Creation of Secure Store Service Application failed because of the following errors: The Timer Job Completed but failed on one or more machines in the farm.

HTTP 403 Forbidden SharePoint 2013