SharePoint is very slow and takes a long time to load.

I Recently faced an issue :

SharePoint is very slow and takes a long time to load.

In Central Admin under the Task Manager I noticed that there are 9 w3wp.exe process running and 1 of it is really consuming a large memory.

I have determined the related App Pool for the w3wp.exe using the following command.

Run the following command from the following location:

Cd C:\%SystemRoot%\System32\inetsrv
Command: appcmd.exe list WP
Note: This command returns results only if we have w3wp.exe process is running under task manager

This has allowed me to know which app Pool is the cause for the slowness of the server

Later I realised that on the weekend I have received almost 60 auto triggerd emails from 1 of the Scheduled workflows which is trying to run every 5 mins and is the reason for Issue.

Solution:

1) I Terminated the Scheduled task for work flow

2) As I now know which App Pool is causing the issue , I have recycled it after terminating the Scheduled task.

Wihout a need to IISRESET the issue was fixed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migrate Secure Store Service Application from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016

Creation of Secure Store Service Application failed because of the following errors: The Timer Job Completed but failed on one or more machines in the farm.

HTTP 403 Forbidden SharePoint 2013